Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Postsecrets, or "How I Know We've Become Disconnected"





I came across this book called 'Postsecrets', about people sending postcards to this guy with secrets written on them. I became hooked immediately. Some of these secrets are funny and some are sad, but mostly they seem to really connect with how people think and feel in our technologically-ladened, single-apartment, 7 billion person universe we call the 21st century. The fact that people are sending these shows that a lot of people have no one to turn to. I think the best ones say a little something about how far people will go to appear 'normal,' and how that has taken a toll emotionally. And some just hit you sideways, slap you awake. Some, like that last one, are so simple and yet say so much, that it's disturbing. I think this is how art should always be.

New postcards are posted on the website every Sunday. http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. You hit the nail right on the head.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home