Thursday, February 01, 2007

This Morning's 'Gripe of the Day'

On the weekend the Globe & Mail ran a special report on the global warming crisis. Overall it was pretty balanced, and far less vague than most (by this I mean: is it real or not? They sided with it being real). My beef is a chart they printed, showing the cycle of CO2 level over the last few hundred thousand years. I saw the same chart in the movie "An Inconvienent Truth", Al Gore's super-duper documentary. My beef? The source of the chart is cited as "Globe & Mail Research." That's a source? Does that mean the newspaper commissioned environmental scientists to test ice cores? Me thinks not. They obviously got the numbers from somewhere other than their ass, so why didn't they say where? From now on, my References Cited page on my term papers will have a single entry -- Source: Kris S. research.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home