Thursday, March 30, 2006

MTV Canada is Useless

Proclaiming that "the drought is over," MTV Canada started last week. I tuned in to watch a music video and have vowed to continue turning to that channel every time my TV is on until I have seen MTV play a music video. This has yet to happen. Today I thought, 'why am I torturing myself?' I checked the website, which has the TV listings. From 1pm to 11:30pm (when the listing stopped) there was not a single spot for music videos. There was the Real World, Pimp my Ride, a program about movies, and other useless junk. At least MTV Live had a performance by Controller Controller, but really -- 2 songs in 12 hours of programming? MuchMusic spent the last 10 years trying to become MTV by coming up with copycat shows, and now that they finally succeeded, MTV comes up and does the same boring programming. If MTV was smart, they would have done something radical -- like show music videos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home