Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Turmoil You-Know-Where

I leave my computer for two weeks and the whole world goes crazy! What’s all this I’m hearing about the Middle East? Firstly, I just want to say that radio in southeastern Saskatchewan is crap. The hostilities were a week into it before I even heard anything. And the first was from people who came from Saskatoon!

These are mostly first-impression type ramblings, so they may change, but could the U.S. think about people instead of politics for once? They don’t want to get into it, because Israel is their ally and they don’t want to actually say something bad about Israel. But c’mon: they are bombing the crap out of civilians over there! I might agree with my buddy who punches a guy while defending his girlfriend’s honour, but when the crowbar and brass knuckles come out, things change a bit.

Humanitarian aid can’t get into the area yet, but who cares, right? Only civilians.

Canada is sitting behind the US like the little kid stands behind the bully. Although I must commend Harper and wife for taking their government plane to Cyprus to bring back 120 Canadian refugees fleeing Lebanon. However, Stephen and wife, you could have taken 122 back if you weren’t on the fucking plane! Use your head for compassion instead of public relations.

I find it interesting that the US is allowing Saudi Arabia into the group discussing a peaceful solution, but is refusing to listen to anything Syria has to say. Condo. Rice says that a peace agreement must bring stability to the entire region, yet at the same time you ignore some of those countries in that region? Seems blatantly paternalistic to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home