Friday, June 22, 2007

Aircraft Shouldn't go to the Dogs


Do you like my pun? I made it up myself! Anyway, Air Canada recently decided to ban pets from all their flights. This means no pets in the cargo hold, either. This CBC news report is great because it includes comments posted by people flaming mad about the whole affair. As you can probably tell from the wonderful cartoon, I do not think that animals have a place in the cabin of the plane. You are trapped in a confined place for seven hours -- anyone with an allergy is going to have quite the problem. Do you think anyone allergic to bees would mind if I released a couple for our trip? What kind of arrogance allows you to believe that you should be able to bring your pet into the cabin? I also think over-powdered ladies and gents should be hosed down before they get on the flight as well. I don't need to smell the stinkiness that you dose yourself with in order to hide the stinkiness underneath. Take a shower before the flight, and wear deodorant! Or, better yet, get your head out of your ass!

I do think it unfortunate that pets are no longer allowed in the cargo hold. Some of these people make legitimate complaints, especially the ones moving long distances. Maybe Air Canada should consider this on an individual basis. For example, bringing your pet on vacation is a no-no. But bringing the animal when you move is okay. You could police this very well; if the dog is with you on the return flight, then it obviously was a vacation. BEEP -- six thousand dollar fine. Or an hour in a room with a swarm of bees.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they are banning pets because the new x-ray technology had problems looking under fur.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

LOL! that is awesome! I can totally see terrorists using dogs as bomb transporters. But I think Fido might accidently set it off when he eats it.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home