Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Spamming the Comment Board

I was excited to see that a comment appeared under my post "Child Abduction", but my emotions quickly turned to anger when I read the post. It was spam from some stupid company (I left it there, go and see yourself). When I first started this blog, I debated putting the word verification on the comment section and decided that I would only do it if I began to have problems with spam. This did not take long. It's only one message, but one is too many. I am personally sick of being advertised to every second of the day. Advertising used to be about fulfilling needs; now it's about creating wants. No thanks, compadre. My blog is for talking about social and political issues that I feel are relevant, not for selling someone's crappy product. For this reason I have also decided against allowing advertising on my blog. I noticed that bloggers can make a little extra money by allowing companies to advertise on their blog. If others want to do that, I'm not going to judge. I decided from the beginning that my blog isn't the place for it.

Long story short: sorry guys, but I've turned the word verification on. It only takes an extra second to leave a comment. Thanks for understanding.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get spam in my guestbook on my site all the time. It's frustrating, as then I have to go in and delete them. I've even had spam of sexual content. It's terrible.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Exactly. If I want to find out how to end my erectile disfunction, I can find the information on my own.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some may feel squeamish about eating it, but rabbit has a fan base that grows as cooks discover how easy they are to raise — and how good the meat tastes.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home